I have been a part of the Shoot & Share community since I learned about it in 2014. Shoot & Share is defined as “photographers that focus on service and share the high-resolution photos with their clients.” I know that my clients want the digital version of their photos so they can share them with their friends and family as we do with all special moments in our lives these days.
Shoot & Share does an annual photo contest where millions of photos are entered and anonymously voted on by members of the community and their loved ones. It is a fun opportunity to go through the (oh my gosh so so many) photos I take each year and choose my favorites as entries.
This year, 413,000 photos in 25 categories were submitted by 175,000 photographers. Here are the results of the photos I submitted that received the best results. If you click on any of the photos, a link will take you to the contest page for that image with more information about the shot.
1. 2017 Balloon Fiesta view from the sky in the Glorious Drifter hot air balloon. This photo was a finalist and placed #309 out of the 4,301 images submitted to the Phone Photography category.
2. View from the Sandia Tramway at sunset. This photo was in the top 20% and placed #776 out of the 4,301 images submitted to the Phone Photography category. This photo was also featured by HuffPost.
3. My favorite wedding ring photo I have taken to date! I love the sparkle of Anika’s diamond ring over the gold details in her bridal bouquet. This photo was in the top 30% and placed #4,148 out of 16,755 images submitted to the Wedding Details category.
4. View of Manhattan at sunset from atop the Empire State Building. This photo was in the top 30% and placed #892 out of the 4,301 images submitted to the Phone Photography category.
5. Santa Fe National Forest after a heavy snowfall. This photo was in the top 30% and placed #1,232 out of the 4,301 images submitted to the Phone Photography category.
When Selena and Francis told me they got engaged at a winery, the first thing that popped into my head was to have their engagement photography session at the Gruet Tasing Room at the Saint Francis hotel here in Santa Fe. These lovebirds were so much fun to photograph and giggled during their whole session. I loved it!
Photographer: Caitlin Elizabeth
Location: Gruet Winery Santa Fe Tasting Room & Museum Hill